This is a collection of information concerning HW/SW problem and solutions not yet found, but maybe usefull for other users.
If you habe questions or comments please send mit a mail to blog(at)so-fa.de
Installation of Fedora on a ASUS Zenbook UX425J
First of all, it runs very well and the UX425J is a very fast and reliable notebook
These issues have to be done to install Fedora 33 on the UX425J:
- BIOS: Press and hold the F2 button, then click the power button. DO NOT RELEASE the F2 button until the BIOS screen display.
- Fedora 33 : Installation
- No disk available to be installed
- go in BIOS to advanced Mode
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology - (RST) is a RAID configuration built into a range of Intel chipsets not yet (01/2021) supported by Fedora (33)
- disable raid config (takes a while)
- Turning RST off completely in BIOS (takes a while !!)
- now disk is available, but cannot be resized by Fedora due to WIN 10 bitlocker config
- login to win 10 and disable "bitlocker"
- now disk is available and diskspace can be reclaimed and Fedora can be installed
- After installation of Fedora 33, all (critical issues) is working really fine, as there are:
- display, touchpad, camera, sound, micro, wifi, special keys on keyboard, power saving (hibernate not tested, du to no swap configured).
- the only thing not working at the moment ist the ASUS num key (touch)pad emulation